Friday, November 27, 2009

Doughnuts

I tried these, not my favorite recipe, but here are the goods:




I found this recipe on http://bluecricketdesign.blogspot.com/ I can't wait to make these on New Years Eve and start a yearly tradition:) Post and pictures from original blog


Easy Peasy Cake Donuts!!


Cake Donuts:

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 quart oil for frying
  • optional - powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar mixture
Sift flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add melted butter. Stir in milk and egg. With floured hands, lightly knead 'till dough becomes smooth.

Heat Oil in pan! Oil should be approximately 2/3" deep.

Roll dough onto a floured area making it 1/4" thick!



Cut dough with Donut Cutter! This is my favorite part! Be sure to dip cutter into flour to make sure it won't stick!



When Oil is approximately 375 degrees, carefully add your doughnuts. Bake on each side for about 1- 2 minutes or until golden brown!

Remove from oil and let cool on paper towels.



Toss in Cinnamon Sugar and eat 4 or 5...whatever you can handle! I can eat 4! ( I've fully given into the idea that winter eating should be different and totally acceptable!)

1 comment:

  1. K, I tried these and it isn't that great of a recipe. I need to make my mom's yeast doughnuts I think. These are too crumbly and the dough too sugary. oh well

    ReplyDelete