Monday, January 11, 2010

Chicken fried pockets and Rice Pudding

So I am trying not to spend any money for the next two weeks until the next paycheck, so I am trying to make and invent things or remember old recipes. While I was attempting to take a nap, which never happened, I thought of making some type of chicken roll-ups, the kind with the biscuits, cream soup, chicken, etc... But I didn't want to make those, sooo..

This is what I did.

I put in some rice pudding (needed to use up milk before it went back)
This is one of the best recipes ever!!! My mom would make this all of the time




In a big glass bowl stir in:
1 cup white rice
1 1/4 cup sugar
6 cups of milk
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
dash of salt
1/2 cup raisins

cook on 350 for 60 minutes

stir down and 3 tbs cream or butter
cook another 30-40 minutes until the top is golden or rice is done

Then I created my creating, kind of as I went along...
and since the ovens were taken with rice pudding, I decided to fry dinner.


So my Chicken Fried Pockets:

2 chicken breasts
2 cups bread crumbs(I use progresso bread crumbs and mix the Parmesan and Italian style together)
1-2 eggs stirred up-not cheese that is pictured but you could add that too
1 cup flour
oil(I used canola)
1 can large biscuit dough
1 pack of Gravy-to mix on the stove

Thaw chicken in microwave and slice into strips:
roll in flour

dip in egg
roll in crumbs


fry about 2-3 minutes until done, but not totally crispy

once all are fried(our you could bake them)
wrap half a biscuit dough around the chicken strip

fry again until dough is cooked(or you could bake them)

Then make gravy to package directions, serve over chicken rolls(i use the cheapest one on sale)

YUMMY!!! Evan loved them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, my favorite comfort food! -Evan

    ReplyDelete