Sunday, January 5, 2014

Berried up to Here- my version of a Blendtec Smoothie

We bought a Blendtec Blender with a WildSide Jar.  It is incredible!  I am trying to have at least one smoothie a day, so hopefully I will come across some awesome smoothie recipes.  Today I tried

Berried Up To Here-by Blendtec
I will post the Original recipe and then say how I altered it in parenthesis.
 1-1/4 cup Apple Juice (I had a capri sun apple juice 3/4 cup and 1/2 milk)
1 cup Frozen Strawberries
1/2 cup Frozen Raspberries (I didn't have any so I used 1/2 cup frozen berry medley)
1/2 cup Frozen Blueberries

Pouring it into my cup reminded me of watching the smoothies pour out at Jamba Juice. It was so pretty;)  Best part is Lucy tried it (my sensory picky eater) and LOVED it and Evan raved about it too..

Makes 2 servings (Lucy had a little and I finished it-so really 1 serving if it is taking place of a meal)
about 150 cal per servings

We LOVED this recipe.  Definitely will make this many more times.

Thanks Kim Barlow for motivating me to post to my blog again:)





No comments:

Post a Comment